View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Blind v Blind near the Bubble

Blind vs. Blind is completely about what range villain will call/push into you with and how your hand fairs against that range. So playing against an unknown is difficult.

Villain has a random hand so I typically raise 3xbb with pretty much any hand the first time it's folded to me in the big blind and then I see how villain reacts. If villain pushes into me then I give him credit for a range of like 77+,AT-AK and make a decision based on how my hand fairs against that range. If he smooth calls then I play poker with him based on the flop and his aggression.

If my stack is a little smaller than yours say 8xbb then I'm just open pushing when it's folded to me in the sb with all but the worst hands. If I have a stack of say 10-15xbb and I have AK-AJ/66-TT then I probably just open push when folded to in the small blind because those hands are tough to play out of position post flop and I'm going to call a push anyway because the odds the pot is going to be laying me.

As you get a better idea of what range villain is going to defend his blinds with based on his play then you adjust the range that you are opening with and as you get a better feel for what range villain resteals with you adjust the range that you open push into him given your stack sizes.

Open completing from the sb with these stack sizes is generally pretty bad because you can end up stacking yourself so easily when you could have just picked up the blinds preflop with a raise to start with.