View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Is Star Trek Racist?

[ QUOTE ]
Not true, either. Many crew members (sometimes for just one episode) had predjudices, particulary towards Spock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall this. I know McCoy was always ragging on Spock but that was mostly bluster. Examples????

[ QUOTE ]
...and we all lived in peace and harmony still having to deal with issues that make us human.

Except for the wars that were fought with the Romulans (prior to TOS) and Klingons (during TOS).

[/ QUOTE ]

I really did not get this from it. I saw it as a representation of the Cold War because there was an uneasy truce in which battles may have been fought but wars didn't break out. There was secret missions to steal the "cloaking device" and wars fought by proxy, remember the klingons providing technology to a group of primatives and Kirk was sent to give them a better gun or sword.

You seem to have kept up with the show more than I did. Is the hot vulcan chick on the newest ST the old lady that ran the show on vulcan in that episode where Spock got a bad case of the Blue Balls and had to fight for his slutty wife?