View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

I'm 17 years old, out of town on an overnight forensics trip in High School. At about 1 a.m. I convince six friends to leave our motel room and explore the ghost town of Coffeyville, Kansas. (This town's streets are bricked, there are no vehicles anywhere)
After about ten minutes we see flashing lights behind us. Two cop cars are about a block away and closing quickly.

Now what happens next I still (8 years later) cannot explain. For some reason, while everyone else stands waiting for the police, I decide to make a run for it.

For the next 10-15 minutes I elude the two police cars while on foot, the whole time trying to make my way back to our motel room. At this time, there is so much adrenaline in my body that I am performing amazing feats of agility (leaping over fences, one hopping garbage dumpsters, etc) At about a block away from our door, concealed by a bank, I conclude that I have lost them and Imake a run for it. I get to the door, fumble to get the key card in, and right then a giant ass spotlight shines right on my back, and I hear "step away from the door, son."

My forensics teacher was awoken by the police, who deemed him competent to dole out consequences (thank god). Our teacher exploded on us that night, but by the next moring we were all laughing about it.

After I got back to school, our principal decided he had to punish me somehow (he also thought it was funny) and sentenced me to 25 hours of community service, which I never served.

From what I understand, our school still has a ban on overnight trips.