View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Comparing sites?

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question in the same vein that probably doesn't merit its own thread:

I'd like to start playing 5/10 shortly, and I'm wondering whether to play at Party or Stars. I moved to Stars to play 2/4 6-max, and I've stayed there for 3/6 because of the lower rakes and because I like the site better. The thing is, I remember reading in the "Dear Lee Jones" thread a comparison between the Party rakes and the Star rakes, and the rakes were lower at PokerStars at every single level. However, the percentage difference got smaller each level as you went up. If I recall correctly, the difference at 5/10 was like 17%.

So I was wondering how much softer the games are at Party, if at all. If the rake at Stars would be ~1.5 BB/100, and the rake at Party would be ~1.75 BB/100, it really wouldn't take that many extra mistakes by my opponents to compensate for the higher rake.

Any opinions? I don't have any, ahem, special arrangements at Party, but since I left they keep sending me emails telling me I'm a VIP. Thanks in advance!