View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: second set (100 PLO8b)

Your hand preflop is a POS. I would fold it almost every time. You got about as good a flop as you could reasonably hope for and are still in murky water. I think against a typical opponent this is a pretty clear fold to his reraise although if you have a read that he will bet heavily with just a nut low draw or only 2 pair (I have seen these types of people), then you probably should just move in. He could have top set which has you killed or some kind of straight/low draw which you would want to play on against. If I was him with something like A23J I would probably play it similarly to how he plays it.

I wonder about your raise on the flop. You have position and a medium strong hand on this board, so I might opt to just call the flop and see what happens on the turn. If a high card comes and they check, then I can put them on some kind of low draw and push hard. If they fire again, then I have to use my reads and decide what types of hands they play that way. If a low makes and he bets again, then I probably just fold.