View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: L08 full ring :: Bottom Set :: River fold

Thanks everyone.

Preflop: I knew it would shorthanded and I would have position. Most flops are going to miss this hand, but given the aggressive nature of the game I'd often be willing to jam an assortment of non-nut high hands.

The turn: My big mistake it appears. My thought at the time was nobody is folding any big draws and frankly i think I get check/raised on that turn a large percentage of the time. But still, the turn is an obvious bet.

Thet River: I think the river got screwed up mostly because of the missed turn bet. One added benefit of betting the turn is that my opponents would have likely checked to me and gone for the c/r there if they hadn't gassed it on the turn and I could have taken a free showdown.

Anyways, I posted this hand because I've been going through my DB and looking at questionable river folds. In these more aggressive games, people often jam the later streets with low hands and a weak high trying to push out a better high (I know I do this) instead of just settling for half or a quarter, and this is the classic scenario where that was happening.

A pair of tens and a 3rd nut low took 3/4s of this pot. Interesting hand.

Buzz: Your post was very humorous. I know we'd all like to play in loose passive games with big multiway pots. But, as I move up stakes the games play more and more like Limit Hold Em. I don't always flee the game; there needs to be atleast a couple producers... Like in this case, I knew I was going to have position on a genuine fish and two random hands. Sounds good to me!

Once again thanks. The turn is such an obvious bet! I think I must have been playing a lot of NLHE earlier that day where checking the turn with position is a standard pot control measure with a vulnerable hand.