View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Anyone folding this? Hehe QJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we get way more information if someone raises our bet, than if we just check and call. If we start checking and calling, it will be so much more difficult to know the correct situation on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spicy, this sounds to me like you're trying to bet for information...if we bet and get a few callers (which is by far the most likely outcome against LP players like this), we're just as clueless as we are on the flop. The only useful information you're saying we get is knowing we're beat if it we get raised, and even then we're paying a large fraction of a bet for it.

By checking-and-seeing, we still get to get away much more cheaply if it comes back raised to us, without the initial investment. Plus, we may get the opportunity to actually protect our hand on a drawy board if we have a chance to raise an LP autobettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. My primary reason for betting is for value. I just think an added benefit is that we do get more information when we bet than when we check. You cannot count on a late better, and if an early better bets, and there is a raise, you are put in a tough spot. You may still have the best hand, and you have a strong draw, so you probably have to call, not fold. Although protecting our hand is good, it isn't guaranteed. Letting this flop get checked through would be criminal.