Thread: Aeonflux
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Aeonflux

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it really THAT hard to write a decent action movie script?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree.

Seriously, most of the action movies make horrible mistakes. Resident evil for instance. They go in with a million and one high tech guns that are useless. Then at the end they are killing beasts with revolvers? It's like they are intentionally messing things up.

Stick to what made the comic book or the video game great and don't concentrate on holleywood effects and big bangs.

It's not that hard to make a decent movie with a decent plot especially when somebody already did almost all of the work for you.

Hollywood = stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This puts me in mind of the latest zombie flick from George Romero, who I would have thought would know better.

You can supposedly only kill them by disabling the brain, but the soldiers trying to kill them spend the whole movie pouring absolutely massive amounts of bullets into their torsos.

Now, the center-of-mass shooting concept is one anyone can understand, but ... if these were real soldiers facing, um, real zombies, they'd know not to waste their time doing something that had no or next to no effect.

This is the kind of flat out stupid stuff you see all the time in movies. Stuff that just doesn't make sense, and we're supposed to buy it anyway. A work of fiction is supposed to be a continuous dream, but having people do stuff they would never do, and things that just flat out don't make sense -- happens all the time in crappy movies.

It's not because making a good movie is hard. It's because the moviemakers screwed up. Or just simply suck.