View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: It\'s heads up... I raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I felt that by not raising the flop I may have encouraged him to lead the turn (remember, I viewed him as a first level thinker) with his flush draw or underpair and that I would be folding the best hand. So, in order to be certain that I was not folding the best hand, I raised the turn, got re-raised and folded, certain that I was behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are thinking this, why not just call the turn and call the river? Explain to me why, if you're afraid of folding the best hand on the turn, it's not better to call/call than raise/fold. With call/call you cannot fold the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I think I played it wrong and should have folded to the initial turn bet. As played I think was 2nd best.

The turn call down line I think may be least beneficial because when I'm ahead I win 1 or 2 bets and when I'm behind I lose 2 bets.

By raising the turn, when ahead, I win 1,2 or 3 BB while at the same time charging villain if he is on a flush draw.

But, again, I do think, as Thirddan has pointed out that the pot was small enough that I should have let it go immediately on the turn.

I suck at these type hands!