View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt [the VIP Club freerolls] will pay super-flat though (unfortunately). I expect it to be the same as their typical pay-out structure for all of their other tournaments which would be to the top 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad read [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] They are going to have a very flat payout. The exact structure is TBD, but tourney-meister Henry is working on it as we speak. Don't hold me to this, but I'm setting the line at a 22.5% payout structure.

I also note that (as others have pointed out), we are telling you in black and white how things work. That you have to accumulate X FPPs to get Cool Thing Y. And here's how you accumulate those FPPs. Transparency forces a bit of conservatism on us, since we're making you a promise: do this and you'll get that. I will also tell you that a year from now, everything that we say here will be true - or better. [1]

[ QUOTE ]
The $10k freerolls for supernova players might be around 100 players or so for $100 in value per entry.
Obviously it's more value if there are fewer players and/or some of the players just don't plain show-up (which strikes me as likely...happens a lot in freerolls).

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the fine print. The prize pool for the Supernovas goes up $2K every month. If it averages 100 players in each event, you get $100 in equity the first month, $120 the next, $140 the third... $260 equity in December.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[1] I hope everybody understands that there are things far beyond my control that could change that. But I will promise you that it is the absolute intent of everybody at PokerStars to make the VIP Club the best (and best documented) customer rewards program in the industry.