View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: I think I should quit (long)

[ QUOTE ]
you said SNG's are becoming an expensive habbit? i dont see how a 14% ROI can be an expensive habbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i noticed this right-away too.
if your ROI was -14% then i could understand a statement like this.

also - the frequency of 3rd place finishes may not be a result of poor play when it gets 3-handed..but rather leaving himself with too short of a stack to compete by playing too tight in the 4-6 players remaining.
he has a lot of 3rd AND 4th place finishes...which seems to me he is doing his best to just crawl his way along and make it to the money.
it's a possibility anyway.

on the QQ hand....i think there was a late-limper and then a raise to 150.
i don't think i would be very comfortable pushing-in here. if he's got AK then he's calling and we're in a coin-flip...which i don't want any part of in an early-round.

if he's got KK or AA then he's obviously calling....and i can definitely see this raise as indicating that he's on a bigger pair then my QQ.

he COULD have JJ or TT and i would be a 4-1 favorite if he calls (or he could very likely fold).
even if he has Ax or Kx or something i'm not a huge favorite....and there are enough players that just LOVE to call an all-in with an ace.

i just don't like the all-in push here.

anyone have opinions on a cold-call on this one and seeing where the flop takes me??
if i have an over-pair to the flop then i'm still going to get trapped and get knocked out by KK most likely....
but if there's a K or A on the flop i can get out of there with just a little damage to my stack.

it may be a weak play to just call with QQ....but i might consider it....
i might also raise the minimum and if he pushes all-in pre-flop with his KK i might even be inclined to release because now the chances that he has AA, KK or AK or much higher. maybe this is exceedingly weak-tight.

i am hardly the most expert of SNG players so i'll defer to you guys.