View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:08 AM

Default Re: 10+1 Help Needed - 5 hands

Hand 1 seems reasonable - you're short-stacked, you'll be blinded out soon, you have a decent hand against a single limper, with added equity from a big blind steal.

Hand 2 seems reasonable as well - tried for a blind a steal with a decent hand, and you were able to get away from it. I'm not sure why you feel this crippled you - you still had 1000 with 5 players battling for 3 spots, not a horrible place to be.

Hand 3 seems reasonable. AQ is probably the weakest hand I would play against a raise here given the bubble circumstances.

Hand 4 I don't like. You're risking the game for a blind steal worth 150 - reasonable players won't call without 2 overcards (against which you are only about a 1.2:1 favorite), or a higher pocket pair (against which you are dominated). You have a fair chance of stealing, but you aren't very happy if you get a caller, and there are still 4 players yet to play. If you had better position, or the blinds were worth more I can see it, but you're not in desperation time with seven players still in and t800 - I would wait for a better hand and dump it personally. 2nd option would be to try to steal with a smaller bet in the 200-300 range and be prepared to dump it if you get reraised (or called without hitting your set).

Hand 5 you just got outdrawn. Even with 14 outs he shouldn't have called you. You can't bet less here given your stack size and the pot odds you must deny any drawing hands. With your stack size at the BB 100 level you really can't wait for a better opportunity.