View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Why having a 1/45 BB stack is great

I've always wanted to post because I have learned so much from these boards and it has been very profitable. I want to help others improve but I never really find the oppurtunity and threads such as these make me hesitate to post because as an unbiased lurker they are so informative.

From a lurker's perspective these threads (I followed Adanthar's reference to the Barron/El Diablo thread in the magazine forum) are the most enlightening.

The inability of posters to learn from debate is awesome. It seems some who come here who claim to be looking for informative debate are unable to comprehend that they could be wrong. All the while claiming that they are open minded.

Amazing.

Learnings is based upon the fact that you were wrong or that you didn't know. Otherwise there would be nothing to "learn."

Having no persona on these boards means I can look at these threads completely objectively. I have no stake in them. I'm not affiliated with anything.

And it is an incredibly comforting (and slightly disturbing for nonpoker reasons) thing to see the many thousand count posters on the most respected poker forum in the world who are incabable of learning from others. How can poker ever not be profitable?