View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Online Poker : 75% of loosers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't keep records, and I have been withdrawing money from from my poker account on a monthly basis, and I haven't deposited in a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's true, you've got to be in a tiny (i.e., statistically almost insignificant) minority.

Seems to me that anyone not serious enough about their game to keep records is just not going to have the game to be a consistent winner long-term.

Btw, do you use pokertracker, and use the data in it to some degree? If so, then yes you ARE keeping records, so maybe you're not a poster child for the "I don't keep records, but I know I'm a winner" crowd after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think the same thing as you...that there aren't really any winners who aren't keeping good track of their sessions.

Since then, I've actually become someone who isn't keeping good track of his sessions. I do have Pokertracker, and used to be obsessive about checking it. I started having a lot less fun playing poker. I would be upset if my ROI dropped by a percentage or two (even if I was still winning).

I know that I'm a winning player because of meticulous stats that I used to keep for years as a B&M player and for a smaller number of years as an internet player.

Recently, I've been playing much more as a limit whore than anything else. I've opened up accounts at many sites. Some (many) of them are not compatible with PT (or I don't know how to set them up). I'm not sure that I SHOULD care too much about what my stats are for $0.50-$1 limit hold em while I'm playing a bonus off if my normal game is (or rather WAS) multitabling the $50s. I still play SNGs at my ******** sites sometimes, but I don't think I have pulled up PT in months.

I know that I continue to be a winning player since stopping real record keeping because I can continue to withdraw money from Neteller and never have to put any more money into it.