View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: WSOP Circuit Las Vegas--where the frig is everyone?

David Plastik told me the structures were changed. They added the 25-25 level and a few others I believe. He said Max Pescatori told him that the play at the final tables was great.

These circuit events are brand new events. The Borgata is slightly established and draws real well. I think the players are just going to where the money is, and the WPT events are drawing well right now.

I think it has less to do with the circuit and more to do with who is running the events, and also how they are drawing. I think the 10k events will always draw 10 tables and a lot of professionals, no matter where they are, but you're going to see a lot more of this type of thing.

The WPT has an event at the Bellagio coming up in October that runs right around the same time of the WSOPC in Indiana. I wouldn't be too surprised if that event draws even less than this one.

I think the main factor though, is the fact that these are NON-televised events. I don't know exactly what happened but apparently ESPN doesn't have a contract for the new WSOPC events or osmething, and they are just doing very very light coverage of these events. No TV coverage = no field.