View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Dropping 30 buy-ins at the Party 5+1?

How long have you been playing? How would you define a winning player? If you're just learning SNG's, losing is pretty normal. If you've been playing them a long time, a big losing streak isn't quite as normal, and means quite a bit more.

Something to note: if you were playing 10's instead, you'd effectively be down only 15 buy-ins, which would be fairly trivial. Downswings get greatly exaggerated because of the insane rake on the 5's, and upstreaks do a lot less over time to balance those exaggerated downstreaks out.

I just started playing SNG's seriously last month, and noted that at one point I was down $128 in them, and given the number of games I had played, I would have been down I think it was $6 if I had been playing the 10's.

Pretty glaring difference both money wise and ROI wise eh? But very, very misleading. If you have the skills to beat the 5's, you can probably beat the 10's, and can actually make more money at them doing WORSE than you can at the 5's. Something to consider.