View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Update: I Broke My Brain / EmpirePoker

[ QUOTE ]
Back in December, i posted in this forum a public thank you to EmpirePoker for agreeing to transfer a $15,300 buy-in to the Bellagio Five Diamond World Poker Classic to this year's WSoP because i needed to undergo emergency brain surgery to remove the largest suprasellar tumor cyst on medical record. I was extremely pleased, since i'm fairly sure that EmpirePoker could have legally said, "use it or lose it" with regards to my Bellagio seat and just pocketed the $15.3K. I mentioned that they did come out ahead by $5300, since the WSoP has a smaller buy-in.

Anyway, in early May i called up the Rio to ask what their rates were for WSoP players and learned that Empire hadn't listed me as a player. After a lengthy e-mail exchange, complicated by the fact that the Customer Service Rep who promised me the seat no longer works there, i finally convinced Empire to pay my entry. Moreover, they unexpectedly asked for account information to transfer $2000 in expenses (like their other WSoP packages). Before i received this $2K, i pushed my luck and asked if i could get the whole $5300 difference.

I just learned they're giving me the full $5300. Wee.

Thus, for those of you thought it was weak for Empire to pocket the difference, now they have done so. I can only imagine this will provide them great PR after i win this year's WSoP.

Now, all i have to do is to remember how to play in tournaments, since i haven't been able to play them online due to fact that i still can't look at a computer screen longer than 40 minutes without suffering eye strain. Yes, that sucks every bit as much as it sounds.

OTOH, i'm still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck to you, and good luck at the WSOP.