View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

I've read through the thread and I really don't understand all your "if my parents let me" crap. I assume you have super-controlling parents who monitor your life and finances. If you're in college, you're probably at least 18, which is old enough to open an account without anyone's permission. More importantly, if you want to play poker without them finding out, you're old enough to open a bank account by yourself. Just deposit the $100 or whatever the bank wants, verify with neteller, and you're good to go. If your parents take every paycheck and every gift from relatives to put in "your" account, there should be plenty of odd jobs and experiments to do around campus to get a little cash.
If you have to use your parents' computer just play when they aren't there/asleep and delete party poker when you're done. They obviously don't investigate your internet practices too thoroughly because you have 1000+ posts here.
Another thing is that at some point, you're going to have to tell your parents in no uncertain terms to go to hell and mind their own business. I'm not saying you should do this over poker, but at some point they're going to have to realize that you're not a bonsai tree whose growth and development is determined years in advance and then forcibly shaped to meet this image. Assuming they're paying for most of college, I would wait until I'm almost done to do this. If you don't, they're going to try to micromanage your life for decades to come.