View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: statistical tests to show that online poker is not rigged

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rake is the same at the upper level games I'll agree, but the majority of people playing at pokerstars aren't playing at those limits. They are playing at the .05/.10, or the .50/1.00, the average Joe I'm talking about. And at these low levels there is a pretty substantial difference in the rake depending on how much is in the pot. I'm not saying it is definately happenning, but if you look at some of the horrific online beats that we've all seen, and then consider this, I'm saying it logically makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, logically it doesn't make sense.
Poker sites want as many hands to be dealt as possible, more hands = more rake. Also, they don't want their players to go broke. What happens in huge pots with 4 of a kind losing to straight flushes? The hands take forever to play out, and a person loses a huge chunk of their money. Sure, the site may get max rake, but at a high cost.

Logically, if a site were to rig their site for max rake potential, they would ensure that all their pots involve the winner winning with top pair higher kicker. This way the hands takes a short amount of time, nobody loses all of their money, and there's still enough action to get alot of rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think players go broke on lower levels just because they lose one buyin? The player who lost will bring more and the player who won may create even bigger pots and more rake in the future.