View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

i agree with you and think that you will get a fold a decent % of the time if you push. i have made these bluffs lately and they have been successful, but in general i probably dont make this one that often. i find enough slightly better situations and dont want to cross the aggro line. anyway, if i could be assured that he folded 88/99 type hands everytime then sure, since we both put him on that sort of hand a decent % of the time. but he will look you up sometimes i think with that sort of hand. hands like set/2 pair, etc are unlikely but just possible enough to make this a fold for me.

if the pot were a tad bigger you actually would have a higher EV. fold equity might even increase, as its hard for some villians to see you pushing 350+ into a 75 dollar bet with a strong hand.

ive been playing some lately and am loving these sort of turn raise bluffs vs decent players. the best is when you can target a tag player with an obvious 88-JJ hand, and raise the turn all in on a scary 2356 rainbow board. of course it only works if you have been around enough develop a decent image yourself. anyways, i am digressing. despite noone agreeing with your play i think that the thought process is right on.