View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 400NL - top set on monotone board

Hi,

Yes, AJ with 1 diamond, JT with 1 diamond, a set of 7's and 2's are all possiable hands. Depending how weak he is, it could be AK/AQ with 1 diamond are possiable hands here if he's an active player. The minraise nonsense annoys me to no end. I want to stove their heads in with a mallet in its retardedness. Its great when I'm semi-bluffing with the Ad in this spot and they are getting cute. I take great pleasure in that 4th diamond coming and they call off their last $140, call me a chasing fish and leave. Donks.

Anyways...

A baby flush/set can't let the turn go check/check. A dry Ad or nut flush can let the turn go check/check and then raise if you bet or just call depending on how 'confident' your bet on the turn is.

He will be putting his last $140 into the pot if a 4th diamond doesn't come and you have him beat.

He won't be putting it in if a 4th diamond comes and you have him beat.

So around 1/4 times he checks the river and you don't get his last $140.

So getting it all in now seems like a good idea. The only problem is he's going to call with hands that beat you and fold a *most* of hands you beat. 22/77/JJ/89/flush are all going to call. Depending on the player AJ/TJ/Ax with a diamond will also call because the pots to big to fold at that point.

Call it down and bet if checked to if he's a nit.

If he's got gamb00l put him all in cause you won't get his money if your still ahead on the river because your call of the min raise says I'm concerned about the flush but I have a good hand and I'm going to call your last $140 on the river.

Later,
MarkV.