View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Sports Betting Theory Question

[ QUOTE ]
Tom expressed my point well, and I think he is right. If you feel the most confident about one game, you should bet as much of your bankroll as possible on that one game. If you had an infinite bankroll, then it would make sense to lay as much as you could on several games that you felt were +EV(without betting so much that you actually begin to affect the lines). However, if you have a finite bankroll, then you should pick the game you think is most +EV and bet as much as you are comfortable betting. Anything more is undisciplined IMO.

I'm thinking of an anolgy to poker. You can't just wait until you have aces in poker because there are blinds and antes. Given that you can choose when you bet in sports betting, why not just wait until you have the equivalent of aces and bet as much as possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason if you are table hopping (wonging) in blackjack. If the count goes positive, you bet. The higher the count, the more you would bet. Why would it be any different with sports betting? The only reason I used "wonging" as opposed to just counting and playing at one table is because you can pick your spots just like you can with blackjack.

craig