View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: PLO8 hand history...feedback please

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for some of your feedback guys.. I'm still learning a thing or two about PLO8. I've decided to take it a little more serious after a year of LO8.

The only reason, I limped in is because of position (late). The table was a bunch of preflop limpers, no one was raising preflop.

The raiser just busted out 2 hands ago. He brought back in for $5 and raised preflop and everyone folded to him. Then the very next hand (this one), he did it again. Whether he was on tilt or had a good hand, I dont know. With 4 other people in the pot calling the preflop raise, I thought I'd gamble a little bit to see if anything hit. If not, then simply would fold at the flop.

That is what it takes to be a little successful isnt it? Gamble and mix up your play a little bit rather than july play only premium hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Position is no excuse to make bad calls preflop. The limp was fine, but when it is potted behind you, you let the hand go. If you don't learn to do this, you will never be a winner. PLO8 is a very mechanical game at low limits, almost all bets are for value and there is very little scope for personal flair (bluffing etc) due to the large proportion of calling stations. You proved that point yourself with your preflop call where you should have folded.