View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: A tough spot w a big pretty flop

Here goes, my two cents.

For me this is never a fold for one, only hellmuth would consider this a fold and he thinks everyones got aces if they raise his kk pre flop.

As regards the raise, this is an easy play if you have any idea what kind of player your against, i.e. a tight solid player will make this play with a set or two pair to reduce drawing odds, but if your against a aggro guy then the raise is too much for a set as he doesnt want to lose your action etc. As you said no read at all makes it tough.

I voted for the push, the main reasons being; and yes i believe it has allready been covered in previous posts but what the hey:
1) as allready mentioned I wont fold this flop
2) so if i am going to call the 225 and i miss the turn, he will push, at that point i do have to fold
3) if i call the 225 and hit the heart on the turn if i am playing a solid player i now dont get the rest of his chips as my hand is probably transparent.

As a sidenote i believe that qj is probably unlikely, if i had qj in villains spot i will probably smooth call the flop bet and either cr or bet a non heart turn. The hand i would be expecting from villain with no other info, from the way it has played is a flush draw with str8 possibillities of some kind.