View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM

Default QQ in SB 2/4 6-max on Terrible Flop

Posters in SS aren't responding, maybe you guys can help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I checked the flop because it was very draw heavy and was hoping to checkraise someone in LP. Unfortunately the player to my left bet and someone raised, so I looked to checkraise a safe turn card. If someone in LP bet I may have tried to checkraise. However the BB bet, and I doubt BB and UTG were going away for 2 bets after putting 1 bet in.

I did this while thinking of "two overpair hands" from HPFAP, is this way off in a 6-max game? Essentially, in the example from HPFAP it notes that "a lot of bad cards can come" on the turn, therefore our equity changes drastically from the flop to the turn. Given the way the betting occurred, I decided to wait until a safe turn card to checkraise and try to force at least half of the field to face two bets cold.

Please comment on all streets.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB