View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Restating the Paradox

[ QUOTE ]

A natural Universe operating according to fixed laws is not necessarily a deterministic Universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how something that is in accordance with fixed laws isn't determined by those laws.

[ QUOTE ]

Evolution doesn't procede randomly. Evolution procedes according to random variation and non-random selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying evolution doesn't proceed randomly, it proceeds according to random variation. I don't see the difference.

[ QUOTE ]

How does the evolution of mankind over the past x million years have anything to do with whether I choose waffles or pancakes for breakfast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your genes, which are determined by random variation, determine which you will choose.

[ QUOTE ]

What I mean is, what is physically different about a Universe where a Creator God exists that allows free will than a naturalistic Universe where no Creator God exists?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't a question of physical difference. If free will exists for man it is because God is in control and allows it. If there is no God, either fixed law reigns, so all is determined, or chance reigns, so all is accidental.