View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: I Quit My Day Job

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like this guy really hates his life. I mean it seems like every month there is a new article about how being a pro sucks. I know it is a BIG step, I know it is not for everyone. Does someone really need to write an article every month telling me this?

It almost seems like they regret their choice to go pro, they slam poker and make their lives seem miserable. Well, guess what then quit. Quit! And that is the same advice I'd give to anyone else. If you go pro and don't like it, then [censored] quit. Just like anything quit and go back to your old job.

December 2+2 Magazine
"Playing poker for a living"

Playing poker for a living is a big step. It can be a hard life but some people like it and are successful at it. Make sure you have a backup plan if you try it and if you aren't successful/hate it then you can go back to your old job no harm done.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point is something along the lines that when folks hear poker is a hard way to make an easy living, a lot of folks go, well that doesn't apply to me--I love poker and I'm a solid winning player and moving from a hobby I spend a lot of time at, to a full time job won't be that big a change.

And his point is, no it really is that hard and yes, it's going to be that hard for you too. Not that his life sucks so bad that he wishes he hadn't done it.