View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Do you like \"just calling\" w/ AA from EP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in NL a limp/reraise is about the only way to play AA from early position. Any reasonable raise will just get called (probably by to many people) and a big raise will get you only the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is frighteningly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say this? When I play AA I want callers, but not to many. (unless everyone is going to go all-in pre-flop). I generally want to see 1-2 callers fairly deep into their stacks calling. I can't get 1-2 callers calling deep without a limp/reraise from EP. How do you play AA at a table where 2-3xBB is the standard raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is:

I make my standard 3-4xBB raise, get all those callers that I'd normally get because they're idiots and will call with stuff like 75s, and roll around in all the extra money I'm probably going to win. You want to play scared and hope for your big bad rockets to never lose. I want to play to maximize my long-term profit by understanding EV.

To be fair, the limp-reraise is a good move to have in your arsenal for the hyper-aggressive table you might come upon, in order to change it up a little bit. That said, the logic behind your play with AA is waaaaay off. But then, that's what these forums are here for.