View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Sklansky has it backwards

[ QUOTE ]

As a non-Christian, will my life change forever? Yes. I can no longer live life the same way I lived it before because I now know that I will be held accountable for my actions. My security blanket (God's nonexistence) is now gone. If I don't change my life, I will go to Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you continue to assert that nonbelievers are somehow morally bankrupt? If God was proved to exist heres how my life would change, I would now believe in the Christian God. I would also be alot less concerned with the plight of my fellow man as its all just part of Gods plan and the meek shall inherant the earth. I stay in touch with alot of the people that I knew when I went to church and attempts to bring me back into the fold are inevitable consequences of this and its been made clear that my lack of belief is the only thing holding me back from going to heaven. One other change for a nonbeliever that doesnt apply to my broke ass but would apply to my father. All the money and time that he invests in helping other people would now be spent on building new churches and attending church services.

Using your logic that a belief in no God equals doing whatever you want, I dont see how you think that the average Christians life wouldnt change alot. Whats to stop him from now raping and murdering his sister?