View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: troubling common situations

[ QUOTE ]
Sitch #1: I get AQs UTG and open raise to 4xBB. Fold to CO/Button, they reraise to 10BB. Fold to me. Every time I call here, it seems like the only "clean" flop for me would be a flush draw, and that I'm easily behind if an A or a Q hits. And of course, I'm out of position. Should I lay it down? Do players at this level reraise with JJ, TT, or 99 often enough for it to be worth a call? Is it even worth a call if so?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how agressive this player is. If he is raising and re-raising a lot of pots, I think calling here is fine. Play very straightforward on the flop with this type of situation. They don't always have to have AK/AA/KK/QQ to re-raise. If they're tight PF, they do and you can muck it.

[ QUOTE ]
Sitch #2: I open limp in MP with some trash like QTos, one late position player calls, and the blinds complete & check. Flop comes QT6 with two spades. Check, check, I bet the pot, LP calls, blinds fold. Turn is a blank, I bet (how much here? Pot? 1/2, 3/4 pot?), LP calls. River is a low spade, I (check?), LP bets 1/2 pot. Easy fold? I find myself paying off a lot in these situations, and it usually makes me feel fishy. (Side question: If the same situation occurs with an apparent straight draw, is my play any different?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't open raise with QTo in MP. You can do it in LP, but in MP I muck this. I usually pay off, too. I suck at the river though.

[ QUOTE ]
Sitch #3: I feel awkward on all streets during this kind of situation. I get 76os in the BB. Two limpers, SB completes. Flop comes 974 rainbow. Check, I bet (?) 1/2 pot or pot, one caller behind me. Turn is a blank. I bet again (?), he calls. River is a blank. I check (?). Any better way to go about playing this kind of hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/fold.

A lot of the things you mentioned can be adjusted to different players, but I think that these are pretty good standards.