View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: PP100NL - stacking off w/bottom 2 on flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I took this line I'd certainly push on any of the straight cards, I'd probably give up on a diamond, and I'm not sure what I'd do on a 9. If he flat-calls a raise to 30 on the flop, doesn't that make his hand look more like a draw than a pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I said you'd have to push on a straight card even if it means pushing into the nuts
this is because there are too many straight cards to pin point his exact hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I phrased that poorly. I was only referring to what I'd do if a 9 hit.

It puts any flush draw with the 6d ahead of me, and gives the others 3 more outs per card they have above 6. I'm still ahead of 7d8d, albeit only 55/45. Against the other flush draws (4d5d, QdJd) I'm ahead about 70/30. I'm drawing dead against trips, and behind 90/10 against an overpair. I assume a set would have pushed the flop, but I have 4 outs against 333 and 2 to a chop against 666.

If I check the turn he'll likely take the free card with a draw and bet hands that beat me. (The one exception would be a draw trying to represent trips and move me off an overpair.)

Man. I don't know where I'm going with this. I started this reply hoping I'd come up with something insightful about what to do on a 9, and it just hasn't hit me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]