View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: I think we fear it can all go away...

I have had sessions like this. It feels as if (1) you're being persecuted (2) someone "up there" has a sick sense of humor, and then eventually (3) you're not as good as you thought you were.

But it's just variance. Could you have amassed the bank roll you have on just luck and now it's all going to go away? Highly unlikely.

And variance works both ways. My last session was something out of a hollywood movie. I still have lumps on my head due to how hard the deck hit me over the head. I was looking down at aces, kings, and queens (which all held up in giant fields of opponents) more than I could imagine. I was hitting all my draws. I flopped a set that turned quads and got into an all out war with a poor guy who flopped a higher set and made top full house. Overall it was like a 50 BB upswing in under an hour.

So when I'm getting my ass kicked in again next time, I will just force myself to remember this particular session.

We just need to focus on making the correct the decisions and leave the rest up to the cards ...