View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Drawing 2 up front in limit draw

To be clear, this was online at paradise.

From your description of Button, he had two-pair, but might have had a big straight or flush draw.

I didn't say this specifically, but I don't think a come hand is likely, he's limp reraised a number of times and it doesn't seem to be tilt related. Also, trips are a reasonable possibility for him. He's not too aggro predraw, but he'll bet after the draw with things like unimproved AA, and bluff when he senses 'weakness' (like you raise up front, draw 3, and check to him). He could easily be cluelessly betting 222 or aces up here.

My raise was for value, I felt I likely had both players beat before the draw. I was originally hoping to checkraise BB's bet taking Button along with him.

I think the BB probably had smaller trips than you and he knew it, hence the check after the draw.

This was my feeling as well. I wanted to get the extra vaue bet from Button while hoping BB would cold call with a hand I beat, which isn't unrealistic I think. Flat calling may be better (and its the standard play), but the possibility of BB's cold call, or conversely the risk BB will fold with a big pair if I flat call, make this a tough decision IMO.

I'm still curious about drawing 2 here, I'm basically telling every thinking player I have trips, killing my action against them. In what situations do you guys draw 2 in first position?