View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 PM

Default KQo hand. Why am I always so afraid to bet the turn?

I hadn't been at this table long so my only read was that UG+1 played too many hands and called too much.

Party Poker 2/4 (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="blue"> Good raise right?</font>

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="blue"> Pretty obvious here. </font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> This was the reason I made this post. I was very scared to bet because I felt like I would have to fold to any raise. I didn't want to be bluffed out of the pot so I cursed and checked. At the time I felt like it was a horrible play because of the 2 hearts and str8 draws on the board and the fact that I was letting 2 opponents draw for free. Help! </font>

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> No heart came and no new str8 came, but I continued to play like a little girl and just called. Does anyone raise here? </font>