View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Threebetting for free showdown?

[ QUOTE ]
I think maybe some piece of my brain was disconnected during this hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is bad is that it appears to be disconnected after the hand as well....i'm not trying to pick on you here, but you need to fully understand why you don't threebet the turn. All threebetting does is give him a chance to cap if he has a monster. It also induces him to possibly check the river (which happened here). You call the raise, so that if you don't improve you can fold, and if you do improve you can raise a river lead by your opponent...winning you the max, and losing you the minimum....your method, you win the exact same amount both ways, which is bad because your chances of winning aren't 50/50, they are more like 30/70. If a diamond hadn't hit on the river you would have lost this hand and lost 3 bets, instead of 2, and if you would have not threebet the turn, you might have gotten a lead out of him when the diamond hit, still winning 4 bets. So by calling the turn instead of threebetting, you stand to lose 2, or win 4, instead of lose 3, or win 4. In addition, you'd have lost even more unimproved if it would have come back to you capped.