View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: best films of the year

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big comic-book-movie-Batman fan and I was disappointed. The fight scenes were sssssoooooooo bad, you couldn't see a thing. Flash-bam-boom, five guys on the ground and you have no clue how they got there.

The Scarecrow? Couldn't they have come up with a better costume? A burlap bag, is that all the guy can do? I remember when supervillians had style.

The tumbler car was cool looking, but wouldn't it be easier to move around on rooftops and evade capture without it? The thing's pretty easy to track.

I thought the performaces were fine, tho Neeson nothing to write home about, and I did like the production design, the whole look of Gotham.

I haven't seen enough of this year's films yet to comment on what might be the best. My favorite so far is probably Sin City. I'd have to think about it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL right after I make my comment I see that I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - Scarecrow sucked as a villain. But remember, Batman had a dying Rachel with him when he was in the Tumbler evading the cops. Don't ask me why Batman didn't have the antidote with him (vehicle for the car chase?) but whatever.

ScottieK