View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: A problem I have with flush draws. PP 2/4 Hand

Believe it or not, your pair of twos COULD be the best hand, so you should BET.

You then put pressure on anyone else in the hand who does not have a Jack. You will often be raised by a later-position player who does have a Jack, so you gain information (since only a Jack, a set (not too likely), an overpair (also not too likely), or a magoo is raising this flop).

You have 5 outs to weak 2-pair or bottom trips, plus your 9 flush outs if you are behind. You don't mind folding out overcards (like a Q) or a small pair (like 55) in this small pot.

Once you see that turn card you don't like it, so you just want to get to see the river for cheap. The problem with betting this turn is now you may get raised by a Q, and with the pot this small you don't want to pay 2BB to see if your 14-outer comes in.

The way you played it, it's hard to tell what you are up against on the river. T9 did not have odds to call the turn bet for the OESD, but neither did a flush draw for that matter. You are probably up against 2-pair or a set, but you cannot rule out a higher flush.

I don't think the 3-bet is bad.

To answer your question: Bet this flop, and every time. I don't see this as a situation where you would 'mix it up'.