View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: How Did Your Poker Career Start Off

I spent 500 bucks a few years ago playing anything from nl cash games to sngs to mtts thinking I had half a clue. Right when I was pretty much out of money to put in I hit a monster run in mtts finishing 1st, 2nd, and a couple top 15s in a week and realized that i was in fact the greatest poker player ever and that I should clearly be playing 5/10 limit games with the money i won playing 20 nl mtts. Obviously I threw most of it away and kept myself barely above water with mtts and sngs. Then it hit me this was where all my money was coming from and i got serious about actually trying to play within my bankroll and focus on the games that were actually profitable for me. Within a few months I moved from the 10s to the 30s and chilled then played the 50s for maybe 8 months now. I usually binge and get bored of the game and purge and then play again when my accounts get drained. all in all i cant really complain. my game still has so many leaks its kind of laughable but after a break when i come back and play some 20s or 30s to get back in the swing it occurs to me just how much i have improved. games that used to seem scary and tough when i first started playing them are a joke now.