View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:01 AM

Default How Did Your Poker Career Start Off

I have been playing poker just over 2 months now. I am reading as many poker books as I can, contributing to the forums, and generally trying to imerse myself in the game. I started off playing on Royal Vegas and The Gaming Club, as they gave a free deposit. I managed to win $200 by coming 8th out of 369 in The Gaming Club 5k rookie freeroll, but most of my energies has gone into playing the Sit and Go's. I have played 70 $2.50's , my ITM is just over 40% with my ROI about 17%. I started off well, incredibly so, but I am on a pretty bad run at the moment. I know that is an incredibly small figure to get any pattern. I just want to get a general feel for how long it took people for their A game to kick in

I was wondering how long it took for people to become good players and how their learning curve went. What kind of percentages were you seeing early on, and what kind are you getting now? What is a good ITM and ROI to call someone a good poker player?

I am just about to read Dan Harrington's 2 books and am hoping they will improve my game a lot.