View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Sox Bullpen Questions

[ QUOTE ]
that has worked to some degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Embree raised his ERA again. FROM 7.20. Do you actually watch the games?

[ QUOTE ]
he has turned down VERY good offers in the past

[/ QUOTE ]
This is some of the best logic yet. He's turned down good offers in the past, therefore...do you seriously think you're that smart?

[ QUOTE ]
also waiting a full offseason and letting the kid pitch is spring training, with some winterball isnt exactly letting him get old.

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize that the most 'majors ready' pitcher isn't necessarily the pitcher with the most potential, right? I hope you can continue with this train of thought too.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, scott boras. sounds like you are making your my point about hansen FOR me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. It indicates that they're actually putting the Damon negotiations on hiatus until they sign Hansen. And since Damon's contract is over after this season, you can bet that they're going to get Hansen's deal done before the season ends, so that they can make good on actually extending Damon's contract.

[ QUOTE ]
you just got owned kid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you talk this way in real life? Because that makes you like a huge ass. "Lemme tell you a joke: Blah blah blah, oh I'm so funny!"

Seriously, do some thinking on your own. Getting him signed now is the same as getting him signed after the season is over. There's no difference. And they're actually working on a deal, since Damon's is not going anywhere until they iron out Hansen's.

As for Embree...I mean, since Theo's talk, he's given up 5 runs in 4 1/3 innings. Which has raised his ERA. Not sure what point you were trying to make by 'motivational', but relief pitchers don't have 3 month long slumps and just 'get away with it'. There WILL be another lefty in place of Embree soon. Think, so you can be!

And next time, don't prematurely bump the Yankees thread either, tool. Because you look like an idiot, sublime.