View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Keeping fishies around

[ QUOTE ]
So its limped to me in MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Normally I auto-raise this but I decided to limp. Additionally, I was pretty much feared by almost everyone at the table and a lot of my raises were making everyone go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might look to raise more often and play a few more marginal hands to break that image (don't get stupid about it, but do get a little looser). Take advantage of the image you have, and when they start to adjust (if they ever do), go back to your tighter style.

[ QUOTE ]
And my dreams are shattered as the board pairs. However, a player who had folded immediately threw his arms up in disgust at the sight of the river. This made me pretty certain nobody had a FH since he obviously folded one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should broaden your thoughts on your hand reading. He might have folded a seven, but it's not clear that he folded a hand that would have rivered a full house. This is especially true if he was the one who folded on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
I realize my play was not standard and I likely cost myself anywhere from 4-7 BB's by not raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read that to yourself out loud a couple times, and then answer your own question:

[ QUOTE ]
My question is: is there any validity to this plan of action?

[/ QUOTE ]