View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: What are fish thinking when they min bet huge pots?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know why you have a problem with fish giving you odds to draw out on them... do you really want them to play better, or is it just because they're giving odds to draw and you make the sensible fold and are no longer involved in the pots?

Fish make bad plays more often than pros... either because they're foolish, ignorant or just plain don't care... that's why they're fish [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It doesn't bother me: It's just interesting to explore the reasoning behind plays that are obnoxiously illogical.

Incidentally, both your username and your title are Iron Maiden songs, Journeyman being one of my favourites from Dance of Death and Tailgunner being about the only marginally redeemable track on No Prayer for the Dying (Actually, Mother Russia is one of my favourite Maiden songs, but the rest of that album ranges from abyssmal to mediocre...Oh well...At least Bruce Dickinson's voice is listenable, which is more than I can say for Fear of the Dark, an album with only one good track (the title, although its value is now forfeited by the fact that the Rock in Rio version features a rejuvenated rather than a tired Dickinson ) whose problems are compounded by the fact that Dickinson's voice took a nosedive in the early 1990s and didn't really recover till his last two solo albums and the post-reunion Maiden stuff.).