View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: .50/1$ limit on party

[ QUOTE ]
i thought that this game should be easy to beat for a player like myself. Not saying i am great but, definatley not as bad as these donks on these tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
REALITY CHECK.

In only the two posts you've made in this thread I can guarantee you with 99.9% accuraccy that you're not even CLOSE to being as good of a poker player as you think you are.

This is not a rip - please don't be offended.

We've seen this post a zillion times in this forum. If you don't understand why people "sucking out" on you is a good thing you've got a lot to learn. If you think that moving from a limit with donkish players that you currently can't beat to a limit with better players and higher stakes is the way to beat the game - again, you have a lot to learn.

The .5/1 is VERY beatable - even with the suckouts. You're coming from a no-limit game backgroun where it was correct to play a certain way. Those strategies which you adopted to beat that game are not going to beat low, limit-poker donkfests. You're going to need to adjust your strategy and thinking to beat this game.

Books (that have already been suggested) and this forum (or micro-limits which would be more appropriate for your playing level and the stakes your playing at) are great places to start working on your game.

Good Luck!

Crunch