View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Couple HU hands and a couple HU PF decisions.

HU play: it's so tough to give really good answers to your questions. So much depends on your opponent and also on what your opponent thinks of you. Further what does your opponent think you think of him? Everything is player dependent.

Hand 1: Against this player this really depends on what you have been doing in the hands before this. After your pre-flop raises have you been auto-betting nearly every flop? Autobetting every A hi or other hi card flop? Have you been caught? If you have been auto-betting nearly every flop then its probably best to bet again. If not, then I would say 40% of the time you could check this. Try to get some bets from him on later rounds.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not necessarily sure where I'm going with this but I just hate this way of thinking heads up. There are so many types of players that do so many different things HU that I think players really hurt themselves when they try to think of things like this. I don't know what I want to say but I think you should focus on if this player will call a flop bet here with K (or Q) [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hand 2
[ QUOTE ]
standard opponent. a bit loose-passive although he's tried some weird stuff a couple times.

[/ QUOTE ] If you check this river you are folding this river. In SS HU play I tend to see that with hands like this you are better to bet this hand as a bluff then you are to try to check and induce a bluff. This is because you just don't see the all out bluff that much with a missed draw after you check to induce it much but you will see a value bet with a split 6 or maybe even a split 2 often (or 33, 44, etc). I think you are better betting here to try to get a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold then you are trying to get 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to bet. EDIT: BTW, I think check/fold is a better here then bet.

PF decision 1: J7o Raise
2:J2s Fold. Suited is always cooler but its just not as cool HU.