View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: A limit habit I think I need to break ($600 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed or full game? In instances like this I like to look at the villian's went to showdown and won $ at showdown %s, assuming you have a decent amount of hands on him. Gives you a read on how likely he is to continue on with a top pair / underpair hand.

I think you need to plan this hand out - raising the flop is fine, if you think you can steal it, but what's your move on the turn (assuming blank)? You going to throw another 100-150 out there on a stone cold bluff? I'm attempting to work on this also, but in this instance I don't see a plan and while maybe you took it down on the flop, if you don't have a plan for the turn, I don't think it's a long term good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any stats on him. We'd just been playing together for about 30 minutes 3-handed and I was 1-tabling, winding up the night, and felt I had a good read on him.

My plan was, if he just called, I would check the turn and try to hit my 4-outer. I felt the flop raise would take it down alot -- and if called, I at least would usually buy myself a free card (I had yet to see him donk a turn.)

Another barrel might me right, however. I doubt he would continue w/ a pair worse than a K.