View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom Software Problems

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it is possible that a combination of PR, PT, and GT are sapping up too many system resources. I would think that my computer should be fast enough to handle poker software that looks like it could be run on a Nintendo, so I am not sure if this is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker Room software is horribly inefficient, particularly if you're playing multiple tables. I have a dual processor machine, each processor twice as fast as yours, and have four times the RAM you have, and PR software still runs slow on my machine. With four tables open I occasionally get disappearing cards and other graphic anomalies. I haven't run into connection problems with any regularlity, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

One other thing that wasn't obvious to me -- don't leave the stats window open in PT when playing and importing. Close down all the PT windows except the import window. Updating the stats after each import puts a huge hit on the CPU. My whole system used to bog down after each import. Since I've started closing down the stats window before playing I hardly even notice when PT imports a new set of hands.