View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Liberal Christianity

BluffTHIS --
"But of course the reason they don't, and stay in the catholic church instead trying to change it, is that if they leave they will no longer be the "progressive" media darlings they like to be,"

I think there are plenty of ordinary Liberal Christians in the Catholic Church who never get close to the media. Naturally there are some who do. I suspect the reason they stay in the Catholic Church and seek to change it rather than go someplace else is that they believe in the Church and in its capacity to change. The Church gave evidence of this capacity to change in the Second Vatican Council.

DS --
"I always did kinda figure this about Pair The Board. Lest why would he always be trying to catch me in a mistake? He want to be on the cover of the National Enquirer one way or the other. "

Figured what out about me David? That I'm a Liberal Christian Catholic seeking media attention? That I want to be on the cover of National Enquirer? That I'm pursuing this goal by trying to catch the great David Sklansky in a mistake on the 2+2 message boards? Like THAT would make the Headline News? Riiiight.

PairTheBoard