View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Anybody know? What are the chances of Pocket Aces, Kings and Jacks all

Hey guys, new member (but quick to become a regular poster)

I'm trying to learn more about percentages or where to find a good resource for percentages on line. I know the basic stuff already, Aces against Kings for example are about 80/20 favorite. And I can go to Cardplayer.com on their poker calculator look up what Aces versus Kings and Jacks are Aces like 66%, Kings about 18% and Jacks about 16%

But my question is what are the percentages that when you have Pocket Jacks (at a 9 person table) someone else has Pocket Aces and someone else has Pocket Kings. It has to be about 1% or less but where do you find stuff like this out? About the only good percentage that I know is that when you flop a set, it's 1% that someone else has also flopped a set and I know that from reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. I can never find a good resource for these kind of percentages online.

Also, please do not tell me that I should be looking at the betting patterns and the players involved who are raising me before the flop. This hand came from a low stakes tourney on Pstars $5.50 entry fee, I just don't care at that level, you can't pull me off of Pocket Jacks and plus I had both of these guys covered in chips a couple times over. My point in saying that is, I know to fold when someone reraises me like that, but it's fun to call in low stakes with a potentially tilting hand.