View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 AM

Default KJs gets capped preflop and flops OESD

I'm struggling with 2/4 and am 20BB down after 5k hands (I know, not enough hands etc...) and would welcome comments on this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Early in my session and no reads on opponents. I have seen some heavy betting preflop on the table, but not from CO (of course) or Button. After <10 hands Button is no maniac.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Pretty straightforward raise with KJs in late position. I decide to call when it comes back to me capped. CO might suspect a steal, but Button must have a good hand.

Should I fold when it comes back to me?

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Pretty good flop, but no diamonds. The open ended straight draw gives me eight outs to the nuts. Is it too aggressive to bet out here?

Turn: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Hit TP, but I'm unsure about my kicker. Button might very well have AK given his actions so far.

River: (12.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

And a blank on the river. Correct to call down in a 14 BB pot, right? Even with two opponents?

Final Pot: 15.75 BB