View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: How Not To Play AQs?

Good pre flop raise.

On the flop, I prefer a check/raise instead of a check/call. I like this because A) you drive out the marginal drawing hands B) you might get it head up with one of the LAGs with the best hand, and C) even if both call you have 6 clean outs (2 aces, 2 queens, and a backdoor flush), and probably 8 just as long as neither of them has clubs. So this is a good semi-bluffing hand.

On the turn the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is most likely a good card for you. It gives you a flush draw, and is unlikely to help your opponents even though they are loose. So I prefer betting here. You could easily have the best hand, you probably have between 13 and 15 outs if you don't, and it gives your opponents another chance to fold marginal drawing hands. After betting, if it is raised you have an automatic call.

Considering your opponents, it isn't a shock that it's checked around on the river, and it also shouldn't be a shock if you have the best hand (or had the best hand on the turn and got sucked out on the river.)